For making pasta, which one is better in term of charcoal vs. gas grill? This Italian food has been well-known all around the world. In some areas, the tastes of pasta even have been combined with local food characteristics. The way to cook it is also various. There are still some people who maintain their traditional method by using charcoal. Meanwhile, some others just want it to be practical; they prefer using modern stoves using the gas grill.
One of the pasta recipes that can be done using both charcoal and gas grill is the Tetrazzini Chicken Spaghetti. How is to make it? Here are the ingredients and steps.
Tetrazzini Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
A medium-sized onion, chop it,
¼ kg beanstalks remove the bones and cut them for around 2.5 cm,
250 gram of mushrooms, slice,
A chicken breast without bone or you can also use other parts of chicken for around ¾ kg,
A teaspoon of dry thyme, a teaspoon salt,
A teaspoon of black pepper powder,
2 cups f chicken broth, it can be taken from the boiled chicken breast,
25 gram of flour,
120 ml of heavy cream,
100 gram of chopped red peppers,
100 gram of parmesan cheese,
½ kg of spaghetti, separate them into 3 parts to ease the cooking process
Some slices of celeries or parsley,
120 ml of water.
- Put some ingredients in a slow cooker to form some layers. Starting from the lowest part; they are the chopped onion, beanstalks, mushroom, and the chopped chicken meat. Pour them with thyme, salt, and pepper. Splash them with the broth.
- Put the pan cap off. Set the temperature on the “High” point for around 4-5 hours until all of the ingredients are cooked and softer.
- Prepare a bowl. Put the flour and water. Stir them thoroughly.
- Take out the ingredients from the slow cooker for a while. Pour the liquid from the ingredients into the mixture of water and flour. Stir them and put them to the main ingredients. Bring them back to the slow cooker.
- After around 10-15 minutes and the liquid is getting thickened, pour the heavy cream and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the parmesan cheese and take out the pasta mixture.
- Serve the spaghetti on the plate. For the topping, pour the chopped celeries or parsley.
- If you want, the spaghetti can be in the dry form just like a pizza. Put the pasta mixture on the baking sheet and bake it in the oven.
Cooking Pasta with Charcoal vs. Grill
Pasta is basically a kind of traditional Italian food. Therefore, cooking it traditionally tends to be chosen by people rather than applying other traditional methods. It means that many people still use charcoal for the process since the beginning until the end.
Their choice to use charcoal is with some reasons for sure aside from maintaining the traditional cooking method. For dry-wet foods like pasta, it needs more efforts so that the taste and aroma can be much stronger. Moreover, there are some ingredients like flour and thyme that can lessen the strong aroma from onion and broth.
The use of charcoal gives the typical taste and aroma of the traditional Italian pasta. Sure, you cannot get them all if you use modern stove with the gas grill. But sure, you must wait for a long time until the cooking process is done. The time durations in the recipe above are only the estimation. It can be more than them by using charcoal.
On the other hand, if you choose the gas grill, you may not enjoy the typical taste of traditional pasta anyway. But with the easier and faster process, you must like it also.