It sounds impossible, but there are some people who do not know how to use a convection microwave oven. Of course, it is not something to be ashamed of. It is quite common not to understand the work of the convection microwave oven. Because there are so many advancements and buttons, no wonder if people do not know exactly how to use this convection microwave oven. If you happen to have one but you do not know how to use it, keep on reading this article. We will be giving you step by step on using the convection microwave oven.
Things You Need to Know about the Convection Microwave Oven
Before we jump into the step by step on how to use a convection microwave oven, you need to know first about the convection microwave oven. To put it simply, the convection microwave oven is a combination of a standard microwave oven and a convection oven.
If usually, the microwave oven can only cook your food without making them brown and crisp perfectly, this convection microwave oven will give your food a perfect brown and crisp that you want. The cooking process also only need a little time, so you do not have to wait long and it is perfect to be used to prepare breakfast.
Unfortunately, this convection microwave oven cannot be used to bake cakes. You will not be able to rise the dough perfectly and they will turn out flat instead. That is why you can only bake like brownies cakes with this convection microwave oven because this convection microwave oven contains electric browning baking elements.
Another benefit is that the convection microwave oven can distribute the fan of hot air evenly so your food will be cooked thoroughly. Initially, the convection microwave oven is considered as a high-end kitchen appliance. However, you can now find that the convection microwave oven in a low price.
Step by Step on How to use the Convection Microwave Oven
Now, we get into the step by step on using the convection microwave oven. There are quite many steps on how to use the convection microwave oven:
- Place the food or drink inside the convection microwave oven. If you use the microwave setting, remember to use the microwave-friendly container. If you use the combination setting, you need to use the heat-resistant container. Then, if you use the convection setting, you can use a metal roasting pan or other metallic containers. Then, close the oven door.
- Choose the cook setting. The convection microwave oven will allow you to set the temperature. If you use the low mix or bake setting, it will use 10% of the microwave energy. If you use the high mix or roast setting, it will use 30% of the microwave energy.
- Preheat the oven. If you use the combination or the convection cooking, you need to preheat the oven first. The convection microwave oven has a thermal gauge to let you know the temperature inside.
- Set the timer. Locate the timer setting or the timer knob and set the oven according to what you want. If the convection microwave oven has a digital display, you can tap the timer button and enter the minute and second using the number pad. However, for the analog one, you need to set the timer manually.
- Press the start or cook button.
- The last step on how to use the convection microwave oven is to open the oven door and take the food using the potholder or the heat-resistant glove. Then, set the timer and temperature setting to 0 or you can turn off the setting by tapping a clear or off button.