Many people rely on a toaster when it comes to making a toast while the rest is figuring out how to make toast without a toaster. There are several reasons why people do not want to waste money on such an appliance. The first is that they think it is an unnecessary thing to have a toaster. The other reason is that they lack counter space to put a toaster. Whatever the reason, there are several ways on how to make toast without a toaster.
Using the Stove
You should try to make a toast using your stove. All you need is a frying pan, bread, and butter. Are you ready? Here we go!
- Put the pan on top of your stove. Use medium heat. Wait for a minute or two to heat up.
- While waiting for the pan to heat up, prepare your bread. Spread the butter on the side of your bread using a knife. You know how to spread butter on bread, right?
- Once the pan heats up, place your bread on the pan. Make sure the buttered side should be face down.
- Put a lid on your pan to make the bread toast faster. Wait for two minutes. Also, if you do not want your toast to be crispy, you can lower the heat. It comes to your preference. Anyway, practice makes perfect, right?
- Once two minutes is up, open the lid and spread the butter on the facing upsides. Flip it down using a spatula or any other tools you have.
- Cover it again and wait up for another two minutes.
- Turn off the heat, remove the toast from the pan. You can put any toppings you like and your toast is ready to serve.
Using the Oven
If you ever thought of making a toast using an oven, you are right. It is one of the ways of how to make toast without a toaster. Here is the step-by-step guide.
- To get the best toast, move the oven rack to the topmost slide. The heat on the oven comes from the top of the oven. Your bread will perfectly be toasted if it is placed as close as possible to the top.
- Set your oven to pre-heat by turning it on. Wait for about three to five minutes.
- Put your bread on a baking sheet, and put it on the topmost rack. Since you use a baking sheet, you can toast several slices of bread at once. Do keep in mind that you do not need to use butter like when you are using a stove. Just simply put the bread on the baking sheet.
- Flip the bread after two minutes, just like when using the stove, and put it back on the oven. You must take note that the heat can make the bread too crispy if you do not watch it. You do not have to wait until two minutes if the bread has looked crispy.
- Take the bread out after another two minutes. You can use tongs to remove it from the baking sheet. Put them on a plate, add any topping you like.
You also can make a toast when you are on a campfire. First, you need to start a fire first. Pick a safe place to start a fire, and put rock around your fire. Once your fire established, put a grill rack on top of your fire. Next, put an iron skillet on top of it. The rest of the way is just the same as when you are making toast with the stove. Those are several ways of how to make toast without a toaster.