Do you know how to make butter from cream in a mixer? Almost everything can be made on your own and in your house. Making everything on your own will, somehow, reassured you of the cleanliness and the quality of the ingredient. Besides, making your food will prevent you from consuming too many chemicals.
Now, in this article, we will be focusing on making butter from cream with a mixer. For some people, making butter on your own may sound so complicated and impossible. However, there are many recipes on how to make your butter.
Homemade butter is far safer than the store-bought butter because most of the store-bought butter use more fats than the homemade butter. Therefore, if you want to know how to make butter from cream in a mixer from scratch, keep on reading this article.
Tools You Need:
- A stand mixer
- A spatula
- Mason jars
- Jar strainer
How to Make Butter From Cream in a Mixer Step by Step
- Raw or Pasteurized Whipping Cream
- Ice cubes
- Salt or other herbs
- Pour 2 cups of the raw or pasteurized whipping cream into the stand mixer. If you leave the whipping cream in a fridge before, you need to let it out about ½ hour before making the butter so it will reach the room temperature.
- Next, you can start the mixing process with low speed and then proceed to the high-speed level. Because you are mixing a whipping cream, there will be a lot of mess. Make sure you have a kitchen towel ready to prevent any splashing from the mixer.
- In 3 minutes, you will start to see that the butterfat is separated from the buttermilk. Once you know that the butterfat coagulates and stick to the whisk, you can pour the buttermilk to the mason jars. Do not throw it. You can use the buttermilk for later.
- Then, pour 2 cups of ice water inside the mixer and start with medium speed. This step is called rinsing. This step is needed to rinse the remaining buttermilk off from the butterfat. Again, make sure to keep your kitchen towel ready because it will get messy.
- Then, after you see that the butterfat has separated, you can drain the remaining buttermilk to your drain. This buttermilk will not be used.
- Next, you need to repeat step 4 for at 3 to 5 times until the remaining water is clear. After the remaining water is clear, then you can drain the remaining water to the drain.
- Lastly, using the spatula, you need to get off the butterfat from the whisk and press the butterfat to the other side of the mixing bowl to get rid of the remaining water.
Additional Information about Making Your Butter
There are some things you need to pay attention when you make the butter. The first one is that this recipe will take about 10 minutes and will make about 1 cup or 8 ounces or butter and buttermilk. The second one is that you need to squeeze out water from the butter because the water can make the butter spoil faster. You can use cheesecloth to drain the remaining water. The seasonings such as salt and other herbs can be added later after the water is completely drained. You need to store the butter in an airtight container for about 2 to 4 weeks in the fridge.
Those are the steps in how to make butter from cream in a mixer. This is healthy, safe, and easy to make. Happy cooking!