Though many people have a toaster, they often do not know how to clean a toaster. A toaster may be forgotten in the kitchen clean-up. The truth is that a toaster may be one of the dirtiest kitchen tools you will have to clean periodically. A toaster deserves regular cleaning because crumbs build up over time in a toaster. It needs to be clean regularly so that your toaster will work properly. There are two parts in a toaster: interior and exterior.
Cleaning the Interior Part
- Since it is electric hardware, the first you have to do is unplug the cable. Avoid electric shock is vital in cleaning a toaster. If you have unplugged it, move the toaster to a plain and flat surface to make it easier to clean it. In addition, you can lay a layer of newspaper on top of the roaster to collect the crumb easier. Doing so, you just have to get rid of the crumbs.
- The next you do is to remove the crumb tray. Many toasters have a removable crumb tray on the bottom. It can be slide out easily. If you cannot find the crumb tray, read your toaster’s manual book. There should be a way to remove the crumb tray in it.
- Turn the crumb tray upside down to remove the crumbs, dirt, and dust. In addition, you can also give the crumb tray a good shake to make sure there are no crumbs left. You can shake the crumb tray onto the newspaper you have prepared before or just simply shake it over the garbage.
- The next step of how to clean a toaster is to clean the crumb tray. You must take not that do not sink the crumb tray into the water since it is a part of an electric kitchen tool. Therefore, you just need to wipe it with warm and soapy water. Wipe the crumb tray gently to get rid of the remaining crumbs. After that, dry the crumb tray completely.
- Swipe away crumbs from the interior part by using a toothbrush. You can add vinegar to your toothbrush and gently wipe down the wire bars to remove any stuck on crumbs and dirt. Do keep in mind that only use vinegar to your toothbrush. Do not use a wet toothbrush because it will form messy water on the bottom of your toaster.
- Turn your toaster upside down and gently shake it. It is to get rid of the remaining crumbs after you rub it with a toothbrush.
Cleaning the Exterior Part
- To prevent scratches on your exterior toaster, use a cloth with vinegar or baking soda. Scrub it off gently to avoid any scratches. Besides, you can use any non-scratching sponge to rub the exterior part of your toaster.
- Clean the exterior part every day. After using your toaster every day, do not forget to clean the exterior part. It will keep the dust and dirt to build upon the exterior part.
Also, there are also some helpful tips for cleaning a toaster. The first is to get rid crumbs of the crumbs tray once a week. Get rid crumbs every day may be tiring, once a week is recommended. Too many crumbs in the crumb tray will result in your toaster not properly working. The last is that deep clean your toaster once a month. By saying deep clean, it means to clean both the interior and exterior part. This is important to avoid crumbs building up in your toaster. It is easy to do how to clean a toaster, right?