This article will tell you steps on how to boil eggs in microwave oven. We all know that the microwave oven is one of the must-have things nowadays. Many households at least have one microwave oven in their house. The microwave oven becomes a great help for busy people.
Usually, people use the microwave oven to cook their breakfast because the microwave oven can cook food really fast including boiling eggs. Yes, you are not misreading it. You can actually boil eggs using the microwave oven. If you happen to have a microwave oven at your home and you want to boil eggs, but you do not know how to, do not worry. We will be giving you step by step on how to boil eggs using the microwave oven. Make sure to take some notes!
Boiling Eggs with the Shell in the Microwave Oven
This is the method which you can do. There are quite many steps you need to do, so let’s get started!
- The first thing you need to do is by placing the egg in the microwave-safe container or bowl. Do keep in mind that you need to put the egg in one layer in the bottom of the bowl or container. Do not ever stack the egg on top of each other and be careful not to crack the egg.
- The next thing that you need to do is by adding the water into the bowl or container. You need to pour the water enough to cover the egg. There should be a centimeter or half an inch of water above the egg. The reason why you need to do this is that if the egg is not completely covered with water, the egg may explode. You can also speed up the cooking process by pouring hot boiling water rather than room temperature water.
- The next step on how to boil eggs in the microwave oven is to pour one tablespoon of salt in the bowl or container. Aside from giving the egg flavor, the salt will help to prevent the egg from exploding while they are being cooked in the microwave oven.
- Next, prepare the egg for up to 12 minutes. Set the microwave on medium power and begin the cooking process. It depends on what you want with your eggs. If you want the egg to be softly boiled, then you only need to boil the egg for less than 6 minutes. If you pour hot boiling water, then you can cook the egg for only 3 to 6 minutes. To check whether the egg is cooked or not, you can take it out from the microwave oven and spin it on the counter. If the egg spins rapidly, then it is cooked. However, if the egg spins slowly, then it is not cooked thoroughly.
- The next thing which you can do when the egg is done is by letting the egg out from the microwave oven and let it sit to cool down. Do keep in mind that you need to use an oven mitt when you take out the bowl or container. You also need to wait until the egg is completely cool down before taking it out from the bowl or container. Another way is to drain the hot water and rinse the egg with cold water to speed up the cooling process.
- Lastly, you can enjoy your boiled eggs.
Those are the steps on how to boil eggs in microwave oven. Always be careful and read for the manual when you do not know what to do.