Are you a huge lover of crispy-textured foods? As we already know, crispy foods are mostly processed by frying them. Consuming too many fried foods is not good for the health of our bodies. But, you do not have to be worried anymore. Now, you will be able to eat crispy foods without worrying about your health by using an air fryer. An air fryer is a cooking tool which its primary function is frying foods without any oils used so that your foods will be oil-free and healthier. How can it be so? How does an air fryer work then?
How An Air Fryer Works
An air fryer works by circulating high-speed hot air around foods. The hot air is gotten from a mechanic fan which is featured in the cooking tool. And the high heat temperature will make the water content in the foods evaporates, so, it will make the foods cooked while producing a crunchy and crispy texture on your foods.
The Advantages of An Air Fryer
- The foods you cook with an air fryer will be a lot healthier since no oil is used. If you are concerned about your health and your other family members’, this benefit is surely a big deal for you.
- Your fried foods will be crunchier and crispier. It is because the water contained in the foods will be perfectly evaporated by a high heat temperature produced by the air fryer.
- An air fryer will not change the taste of the foods. Even though the foods are fried without any oil, the flavor will be the same just like when you fry it with oil. It is just that fried foods are not greasy at all.
- An air fryer is a versatile tool. Besides frying, you are also able to use this cooking tool for grilling and roasting food ingredients. It is because an air fryer comes with various containers, such as a pan, iron grill, and many more.
- An air fryer is very practical. You are able to leave it while doing your other housework without having to be worried that your foods will be burnt. So that this cooking tool will be very suitable for you who have to cook while doing other activities at the same time.
- Using an air fryer is safe. Cooking with an air fryer is able to minimize accidents in the kitchen, such as getting splashed with hot oil. So that you do not have to be worried when cooking with an air fryer.
The Disadvantages of An Air Fryer
- An air fryer is pretty expensive. It is because of its sophisticated functions and versatility. Its electricity consumption is also quite big. So that you have to spend an extra cost for your electricity bill if you want to cook with an air fryer. For you who are concerned about the budget, you will probably think twice to purchase this cooking tool.
- Not all types of foods can be processed or cooked with an air fryer. You can only fry foods with solid and thick textures. You cannot fry wet doughs with an air fryer.
- The machine of an air fryer is heavy and takes a lot of spaces. Even so, its capacity is small. So, if you want to fry a great number of foods, you must repeat the process several times. It is because an air fryer cannot accommodate many foods for one process.
That is the answer to how does an air fryer work. Are you still curious about this cooking tool?