Easy and Delicious Potatoe Soup Recipe for Dinner
Potatoe Soup Recipe – Potato soup is a soup that is perfect for every day when you get a desire for a hot and delicious meal that is easy and nutritious. It’s great on a day when you are tired and hungry and the kids were hungry but not tired. They shouted for the dog’s food, and even come to work, jumping and wailing.
Potatoe Soup Recipe
- 3 bacon slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 4 ounces shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (about 1 cup), divided
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
How to Make It
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings in pan; crumble bacon. Add onion to drippings in pan; sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- Place potato slices and onion in a 5-quart electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Combine 1/2 cup water and next 3 ingredients (through pepper); stir into mixture in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Mash mixture with a potato masher; stir in milk and 3/4 cup cheese. Increase heat to HIGH. Cover and cook on HIGH for 20 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated. Ladle soup into bowls. Top with sour cream and remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Sprinkle with bacon and chives.
The kitchen is almost empty. You do not have time to go to the grocery store this week. You look around and see even one piece of bread left. They were eaten along with half a dozen of eggs for you fry for breakfast each person. All that remains after yesterday’s session of peanut butter and jerry jars were two cans of empty salty chips.
Potatoe Soup Recipe