Best Healthy Cake Mix Recipe with Giant Ding Dong Cake
Healthy Cake Mix – In today’s health conscious world, this challenge can be a delicious search for food that you should enjoy and still consider your figure. But using some replacement and / or alternative to your favorite dessert, you can indulge both the soluble tongue and your waistline.
Healthy Cake Mix
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 1/4 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch spring form pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix and instant pudding. Make a well in the center and pour in the eggs, oil and water. Mix until well blended. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool cake completely on a wire rack before removing from pan.
- Slice a 1 inch thick slice off of the top of the cake and set aside. Scoop out the cake for the center of the bottom part to within 1 inch of the sides. Discard or save for another use. To make the filling, whisk together the flour and milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Set aside to cool completely.
- Once the flour and milk mixture has cooled, beat the 1/2 cup shortening, butter, sugar and vanilla on high speed until light and fluffy. Add the milk mixture and continue to beat for 4 more minutes. Spoon into the center of the cake and replace the layer sliced from the top.
- Combine the chocolate chips, 1/4 cup shortening, corn syrup and water in the top of a double boiler. Heat, stirring frequently until melted and smooth. Pour warm glaze over the top of the cake and smooth over the sides. Refrigerate until serving.
For example, by using low-fat dairy products replacing whole-fat milk and egg whites instead of whole eggs, you can reduce the amount of cholesterol. Using fruits and fruit juices as a sweetener instead of sugar does not only reduce calories, but also provide extra nutrients such as vitamins and fiber.
Healthy Cake Mix