The Most Original Guatemalan Dessert Recipes with Ethnic Style
Guatemalan dessert recipes – Every country has sweets and desserts. Sometimes they are only known primarily in the country of origin, and sometimes become very popular through exposure in ethnic restaurants. The cake mentioned above, the sponge light cookie Burracha is literally drenched in a sugar syrup that mixes with the Roman Guatemala is a typical sugar cane crop made from them. This cake is found in pastry shops all over Guatemala City, and is generally sold by a piece.
Guatemalan dessert recipes
- 3 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons one envelope instant yeast (rapid-rise)
- 3 large eggs (one is for glazing)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup raisins
- poppy seeds (optional) or sesame seeds, for sprinkling (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yeast and 3/4 cup of the flour, then whisk in the warm water until smooth. Let sit uncovered for 20 minutes, or until it begins to ferment and puff up slightly.
- Whisk 2 eggs, oil, salt, sugar and cardamom into the puffed yeast slurry until the eggs are well incorporated and the salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Stir in the remaining flour all at once. When the mixture is a shaggy ball, scrape it out onto your work surface and knead it until smooth and soft, no more than 10 minutes. Knead in the raisins just until they are equally distributed.
- Place the dough in the bowl and cover, set aside to rise until doubled in bulk, up to 2 hours depending on the temperature of your kitchen.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide the dough into two 1-pound portions for loaves, or 16 rolls.
- Braid or shape as desired, position on the prepared sheets and cover again to rise until tripled in size, up to 1 1/2 hours.
- Thirty minutes before baking, put oven racks in upper and lower third positions and preheat to 350°F.
- Beat remaining egg with a pinch of salt for glazing the bread.
- When the loaves have tripled in size and stay indented when gently pressed with a fingertip, brush with the egg glaze. If desired, sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds.
- Bake rolls for 15-20 minutes, loaves for 25-35 minutes, until well-browned. You may tent them with foil if they are browning too quickly.
- Remove from oven to cool on racks.
- Freezes well.
The slides are mapped to the larger cake sheet to contain the dripping drink. The cake is topped with corn starch candy made of milk, and then decorated with raisins. Early in my life I had never heard of a kind of cakes, and soon became my favourite. Sugar syrup cooked for cinnamon stick right cinnamon syrup so that flavor. Simple to make cake and sponge cake will do, the simple corn candy every action to lead.
Guatemalan dessert recipes